I must admit I was amazed. I haven’t done much website design recently, the last time was when I used Serif PagePlus which was very good; but it did take me an hour or so. Yesterday I designed 2 websites in about 10 minutes and today I did another two in the same time. How? By using Site Rubix, that’s how.
To be honest I was a bit stumped at how to get started until I found a video on someone else’s site. This provided enough detail to work out what to do, despite the awful quality, and suddenly I found I had made my first two sites. I’ve since found a better version on the Site Rubix site itself (why didn’t I think of that first!) – you’ll see it when you get ahead of me and click the link HERE.
It’s not quite 1-2-3, but it is certainly step-by-step.
- Give your new site a name.
- Choose a template (background. layout, colour) There are 16 templates to choose from. Hit the ‘create site’ button.
- You are then taken to the main screen where you enter the information (text) you want to put up on your website. It has useful detailing such as ‘click here to enter text’, So you ‘click here’ and add what you want, you can then resize it, change the colour, change the font, make the words bold, italic etc.
- If you don’t like the banner at the top (background panel) then you click on ‘change banner’ and go and find one you do like. While you look through the list you can click each one to see a preview.
- You add a new section by clicking on ‘add new layout’ which brings up 7 different layout designs such as a section divided in half down the middle, or 30/70, 70/30 – or just all the way across (100%). You then add the information you want in there.
- On the left Is already a Navigation panel – so you can have more than one page on your site and link to each of them through the menu – or you can delete it completely.
- In the sections you can add images as well as the text, or instead of it, and you can also put in a hyperlink for either so that it goes to a URL when It’s clicked.
- If you decide you don’t like the template you started out with, you can simply change it without losing all your work.
- And you can work in html if you must. If you don’t know what that is, it’s the coding language website designers use – but if you are using Site Rubix, you don’t really need to worry about that.
Every time any change is made the system automatically saves your work for you – but you can also save it manually. As you progress you can even preview what you are doing to make sure it is all right.
Once you’ve finished, Site Rubix has its very own FTP program for you to upload your new site to your hosting company. This is very easy once you know how to login using FTP – your hosting ISP will be able to help you with those details, but as a guide you will need your domain name ie joebloggs.com, the username for your hosting site and the password. But I don’t need to tell you all this as the help pages in Site Rubix are there to do that.
You can use Site Rubix to build a site with one or 100s of pages.
Here’s a summary of exactly what Site Rubix will be able to do:
- Build a professional looking site in less than 5 minutes.
- Build a site with absolutely no HTML skills.
- Drag and drop your site to look how you want it.
- Send your new website (or changes you may make in future) directly to your own webhost using the built-in FTP.
- Use it to quickly build websites for other people – and get paid.
- Duplicate existing pages and full sites with a click of the button.
- Customise banners, images etc and the system will handle the resizing etc to keep it looking great.
- Upload your own pictures and graphics so that they are stored ready for use at any time.
and what is more, it’s totally FREE to all members of Wealthy Affiliate University of which I am one!! WA also happens to include FREE webhosting and a host of resources, tools and support.
Gxis la revido